“This giveaway is a partnership with Nakturnal, with a prize of a gift certificate”. The views expressed are mine and may differ from yours.
So, are you looking to get pregnant but need a bit of help? Fertility doctors don’t have the only answers to increase your fertility. Maybe you just need to make some adjustments to your daily eating habits.
Difficulty in getting pregnant is something that I have experienced first hand. Although I already had three children prior to getting married. There was a 14 year gap in the time that I had last been pregnant. I remember the long hours at the doctors office, all of the blood test etc. It was a very frustrating and difficult time. I’m happy to say that after several years of trying, we were able to have two children. Although there are several factors that contribute to the birth of our children. The one thing that definitely played a very big part in my being able to conceive was my diet and incorporating the best Prenatal Vitamins into my daily regimen. While most prenatal vitamins on the market contain similar amounts of folic acid, iron, and other nutrients recommended by doctors, they do vary, and not all include DHA. You’ll want to do some comparison shopping. Be sure the product (or products) you choose contain the amounts of nutrients that your doctor recommends.
I know I’m not the only woman going through this. Long before there were fertility doctors, women had trouble getting pregnant and were offered solutions to the problem. There is research that shows, in some cases,it may come down to diet and exercise. Exercise makes your body healthy in one respect which can prepare you for carrying the baby. Food can increase your fertility so that you can still conceive the natural way.
Let’s look at some properties of foods that are conducive to fertilization. Everyone is talking about vitamins and the importance of your diet. They are important to keep the internal workings of the body in good shape. Free radicals can do a number on organs and how they operate. For instance, they can knock the hormonal cycles off balance. That is not good when you are trying to get pregnant.
Ingesting vitamins (this includes prenatal vitamins) has been know to be very beneficial at all times but especially when you are having trouble conceiving.Antioxidant’s are very important also. You may already be eating foods that include them, if not here are some suggestions:
Try eating more berries: raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and exotic fare like acai berry, goji and mangosteen. Increasing antioxidant levels in both partners decreases cellular damage and boosts immunity. Leafy green veggies like kale, turnip greens and collards also contain antioxidants. If you like tea, green tea is full of antioxidant compounds.
Did you know that fatty acids are important also? Omega-3 fatty acid keeps the heart and vascular system healthy and helps regulate ovulation in women. You can get your hands on them in the form of cold water fish like mackerel and salmon. Nuts like walnuts, almonds and cashews also contain these substances.
Foods that may help:
Cruciferous vegetables – These are your broccoli and cauliflower mostly. Don’t forget the cabbage. For increased nutrients, eat them steamed or raw. You’ll find plenty of vitamin A here.
Minerals – Zinc is known to help boost the immune system. Taking some during cold and flu season reduced your chances of being one of the walking wounded. But, did you know that zinc also helps increase fertility? Find it naturally in seafood like oysters. It’s no coincidence that oysters are also an aphrodisiac.
Vitamin-rich foods – Folic acid and B-vitamins nourish the fetus and help to prevent neural defects that can lead to spina bifida and cerebral palsy. Eating foods rich in these vitamins before conceiving increases your chances. Try whole grains, sunflower seeds, beans, legumes, orange juice, spinach and grapefruit.
Nordic Naturals Prenatal DHA is in my option the best prenatal vitamin brand. The best prenatal vitamin brand will include DHA, Folic acid and something to make it easy on your stomach like ginger or probiotics.
- OFFICIAL OMEGA-3 OF THE AMERICAN PREGNANCY ASSOCIATION: As the official omega-3 of the American Pregnancy Association, Prenatal DHA is the ideal supplement before and during pregnancy.
- SAFE FOR YOU + SAFE FOR BABY: With 480 mg DHA per serving, Prenatal DHA generously fulfills the international expert-recommended daily intake for DHA, providing safe and effective omega-3 nutrition to moms and babies alike.
- STAY STRONG, STAY BALANCED: We’ve added 400 I.U. vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), the natural form of vitamin D produced by the body, for strong bones and mood support throughout all stages of pregnancy.
- BEST ABSORPTION FOR BEST RESULTS: Many concentrated fish oils on the market are in the ethyl ester molecular form, a synthetic fat with only about 30 years of history in the human diet. Nordic Naturals formulas are produced in true triglyceride form to ensure optimal absorption and results.
- THE ALPHA OF OMEGAS: At Nordic Naturals we believe that omega oils are essential to life. By correcting the global omega-3 deficiency, we give each generation what they need to grow healthy and strong. Through science and innovation, we are committed to delivering safe, effective omega oils.
Are you struggling to get pregnant? Before you resort to procedures in the doctor’s office, try changing your diet.
One lucky reader is going to win a $50 Diapers.com Gift Certificate